NEW YORK—Federal Reserve Bank of New York President William C. Dudley will visit New Jersey on September 18 as part of the Bank’s ongoing initiative to strengthen ties with the community of the Second Federal Reserve District.
President Dudley will deliver speeches before the Morris County Chamber of Commerce and at Montclair State University. The remarks will highlight economic conditions in New Jersey and provide his outlook for the U.S. economy. President Dudley will also visit local community groups and small businesses to learn more about conditions in the area and discuss a range of economic issues.
The following events are open to the media:
12:45 p.m. EDT
President Dudley speech on regional and national economic conditions before the Morris County Chamber of Commerce
The Park Savoy
236 Ridgedale Avenue
Florham Park, New Jersey 07932
Text for President Dudley is expected and will be provided on embargo. Q&A with the audience is also expected. All press must RSVP for this event no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 17, 2012, by contacting Paul Boudreau at 973-210-6081.
4:30 p.m. EDT
Remarks at Montclair State University
University Hall, Room 1070
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, New Jersey 07043
Text will not be provided (remarks nearly identical to the morning). Q&A with the audience is expected. All press must RSVP for this event no later than 5:00 p.m. September 17, 2012, by contacting Wendy Lee at 973-655-5459.
The visit will also include the following closed press events:
- Plant tour of Fox Valve—a designer and manufacturer of engineered venturi products.
- Roundtable discussion with representatives from local manufacturing firms.
- Discussion with representatives from the local Mexican business community.
- Site visit of Picatinny Arsenal—researcher and developer of weapon systems and advanced ammunition.
- Meeting with New Jersey Community Capital—a statewide nonprofit community development financial institution.