HOUSEHOLD DEBT AND CREDIT REPORT (Q1 2019)
Household Debt Climbs for 19th Consecutive Quarter
The CMD’s latest Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit reveals that total household debt rose by $124 billion to reach $13.67 trillion in the first quarter of 2019—an increase of 0.9 percent, compared to a rise of 0.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018. This past quarter, balances climbed by 1.3 percent on mortgages, 0.5 percent on auto loans, and 2.0 percent on student loans, while total credit card balances fell by 2.5 percent.

For more details:
Report: Q1 2019
Blog: Just Released: Shifts in Credit Market Participation over Two Decades
Press Release: Total Household Debt Rises for 19th Straight Quarter, Now Nearly $1 Trillion above Previous Peak
Loading...