The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works to promote sound and well-functioning financial systems and markets through its provision of industry and payment services, advancement of infrastructure reform in key markets and training and educational support
to international institutions.
On May 15, 1919, the Buffalo Branch opened for business and began serving institutions and the public in Western New York. Operations were moved to several locations. The building picture here at 160 Delaware Avenue was the site of Branch operations from 1958 until its operations were scaled down in 2004. The Branch was closed in October 2008.