As part of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's outreach and education efforts, economists and subject-matter experts are available to speak to various organizations on several topics, including but not limited to:
- Global, national and regional economic outlook
- The roles and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve
- Housing, labor and credit conditions
- Information technology and cyber security
- Economic and financial education
- Banking, supervision and risk
Senior officers are available to speak to business and civic groups, nonprofit organizations, academic institutions and professional and trade associations in the Second District, which includes New York State; the 12 northern counties of New Jersey; Fairfield County, Connecticut; Puerto Rico; and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The minimum audience size is 25.
Speaking engagements can be scheduled free of charge.
To schedule a speaking engagement, please e-mail NY.SpeakersBureau@ny.frb.org with the following information:
- Organization/institution name, address and website
- Organizer contact name, phone and e-mail
- Program/event name and location
- Topic(s) of interest
- Audience size and description
- Preferred dates/times
- Is this event open to media/press? (Y/N)
When evaluating speaker requests, the New York Fed considers the forum, subject matter and availability of speakers. Speakers are not available during the following Federal Reserve blackout periods:
- July 20-August 1, 2019
- September 7-19, 2019
- October 19-31, 2019
- November 30-December 12, 2019
- January 18-30, 2020
- March 7-19, 2020
- April 18-30, 2020
- May 30-June 11, 2020
- July 18-30, 2020
- September 5-17, 2020
- October 24-November 6, 2020
- December 5-17, 2020
Please note that Federal Reserve policy prohibits our employees from speaking to political organizations, at political gatherings or at fundraising events. Please note that we are not accepting requests for speaking engagements for groups sponsored by investment or financial firms. Other restrictions may apply.
New York Fed policy prohibits employees from accepting gifts, honoraria or compensation. We kindly ask that you do not purchase or present any gifts, as our speakers would be required to decline or return them.