The U.S. Treasury market is the deepest and most liquid government securities market in the world. It plays a critical and unique role in the global economy, serving as the primary means of financing the U.S. federal government, a significant investment instrument and hedging vehicle for global investors, a risk-free benchmark for other financial instruments, and an important market for the Federal Reserve’s implementation of monetary policy.
Since 2015, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (Joint Member Agencies) have co-hosted an annual conference to examine ongoing developments in the U.S. Treasury market.
The Joint Member Agencies will convene virtually for the seventh annual conference on Wednesday, November 17, 2021. This year’s conference will focus on recent developments in the Treasury Market, including proposals to improve overall market functioning and resilience.
The keynote addresses and expert panels include representatives from both the public and private sectors. Featured speakers at this year's conference include:
- John C. Williams, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- The Honorable Gary Gensler, Chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- The Honorable Nellie Liang, Under Secretary for Domestic Finance, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- The Honorable Rostin Behnam, Acting Chairman, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Panel moderators will include:
- Brian Smith, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Federal Finance, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- William C. Dudley, Senior Research Scholar at the Griswold Center for Economic Policy Studies at Princeton University
- Mary Daly, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Lorie K. Logan, Executive Vice President, Manager of the System Open Market Account, and head of Market Operations, Monitoring, and Analysis, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
November 17, 2021
9:00 a.m. EDT
The event will be available for public viewing via webcast. Note that the webcast will open 15 minutes prior to the event start time.
Conference participation is by invitation only.