NEW YORK–Federal Reserve Bank of New York President William C. Dudley will visit Fairfield County, Connecticut on October 29-30 as part of the Bank’s ongoing initiative to strengthen ties with the community of the Second Federal Reserve District.
On October 30, President Dudley will deliver a speech before the Fairfield County Business Council. The remarks will highlight economic conditions in Fairfield County and provide his outlook for the U.S. economy. President Dudley will also visit local community groups and businesses to learn more about conditions in the area and discuss a range of economic issues.
This event will be open to the media:
October 30, 2012
12:30 p.m. EDT
President Dudley speech on regional and national economic conditions before the Fairfield County Business Council
The Sheraton Hotel
700 East Main Street
Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Text for President Dudley is expected and will be provided under embargo. Q&A with the audience is also expected. All press must RSVP for this event no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 29, 2012 by contacting Lisa Mercurio of the Fairfield Business Council at 203-705-0683.
The visit will also include the following closed press events:
- Dinner in Stamford with local business leaders
- Discussion about the local economy with Mayor Bill Finch of Bridgeport
- Breakfast dialogue with members of the local business community
- Discussion about foreclosures with the Housing Development Fund
- Site visit of Sikorsky Aircraft–a commercial and military helicopter and airplane manufacturer
- Discussion with the University of Connecticut Business Civic Team
- Conversation with University of Connecticut-Stamford students
Federal Reserve Bank of New York media contact: