NEW YORK—On Friday, May 6, 2022, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia University will jointly host an in-person conference, “Environmental Economics and Policy.” This in-person only event will be held at the New York Fed. Speakers include New York Fed President John C. Williams and Ben Harris, Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy at the U.S. Department of Treasury, who will deliver the keynote address.
Economists will present research on topics including how low-income communities are disproportionately impacted by climate risks, the unintended consequences of mandatory flood insurance, and how different neighborhoods react to flooding.
Event speakers include:
- Kristian Blickle, Financial Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Ben Harris, Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy at the U.S. Department of Treasury
- Harrison Hong, Professor, Columbia University
- Hyeyoon Jung, Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- João Santos, Policy Leader for Microprudential Supervision, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Ana Varela Varela, Assistant Professor, University of Amsterdam
This in-person only event will be recorded, and the recording will be made available following the event. All remarks are on the record. For media inquiries, please contact Ellen Simon at email@example.com.