NEW YORK—The Federal Reserve Bank of New York today announced the formation of the Second District Advisory Council (SDAC or Council), a private-sector group sponsored by the New York Fed. The first meeting of the SDAC will be March 5, 2020.
The Council is being formed to supercede two advisory groups that have been sunsetted – The Upstate New York and Regional Advisory Board (UNYRAB) and the Advisory Council on Small Business and Agriculture (SBAAC). The primary purpose of the new Council will be to provide high-level insights and advice to the New York Fed President and New York Fed leadership concerning business and economic conditions in the second district.
“As we continuously seek to gain a better understanding of the economic and business realities throughout our district, it made sense to create a new advisory group that has broad representation across industries, sizes and geographies,” said Jack Gutt, executive vice president and head of Communications and Outreach. “We are confident that doing so will foster a more robust dialogue among members and provide us a more complete and nuanced view into our complex and ever evolving region.”
The SDAC’s members will consist primarily of chief executive officers or other senior management officials from small, medium and large businesses representing diverse industries in the second district. Members may occasionally hold policy or academic positions. There are expected to be 10-15 members at any given time, and membership will rotate over time to ensure that a range of views are represented.
For more information on the Second District Advisory Council, including meeting agendas and minutes, please see the New York Fed’s website.
Second District Advisory Council Members
- Donnel Baird, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BlocPower
- Adenah Bayoh, Founder, Adenah Bayoh & Companies
- Jaswinder Chadha, President and Chief Executive Officer, Axtria, Inc.
- Michellene Davis, Executive Vice President, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, RWJBarnabas Health
- Kevin Ellis, Chief Executive Officer, Cayuga Milk Ingredients
- Lynne Marie Finn, President and Chief Executive Officer, Broadleaf Results
- Hugh F. Johnston, Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, PepsiCo
- Sarah LaFleur, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, M.M. LaFleur
- Melanie Littlejohn, Vice President NY Customer and Community Engagement, National Grid
- Steve Priest, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, JetBlue Airways Corp.
- Jonathan F.P. Rose, President, Jonathan Rose Companies
- Anthony E. Shorris, John Weinberg/Goldman Sachs Visiting Scholar & Senior Advisor, Princeton University
- Federico Stubbe, Jr., President, PRISA Group